Strategic Focus: How Successful Organizations Envision Success
Most organizations think they face stiff challenges from changes in today’s marketplace. At Column4Success, we know it’s more often because they lack a strategic focus. Every business has to adapt to changing demographics, new technologies, aggressive competition and sophisticated consumers.
Some businesses thrive. Those without a direction, a focus, and a vision will fail.
“If the answers to ‘future ’ questions are not different than the ‘today’ answers, there is little chance that a company will remain a market leader.”
Gary Hamel and C.K. Prahalad: Competing for the Future
Make the right decisions by developing a core strategic focus.
Strategy is simply the way an organization meets the challenges and opportunities presented by its environment. It’s the daily set of choices the leaders and employees make about how they will deliver value to customers and distinguish the company from competitors.
Sometimes those choices are conscious, sometimes not.
Are you and your leadership team consciously choosing the direction and strategic focus for your company or just letting it happen?
Columns4Success offers business consulting on developing your strategic focus
By participating in this program, you and members of your organization will:
- Understand the challenges and opportunities present in your external environment.
- Identify assumptions about the future.
- Clarify a reason for being that motivates and inspires.
- Identify the principles by which people will conduct themselves.
- Define your future customers and how you will deliver value to them.
- Identify core organizational competencies needed to succeed in the long run.
- Create a long-term business focus that anchors and distinguishes you from your competitors.
- Set short-term performance goals.
- Establish performance initiatives and a master plan to manage your organization’s long-term development.
Too many organizations respond to these challenges by trying to do what they have done in the past. Those that thrive, welcome change and renew themselves by aligning with current and future realities.
We’ll help you formulate a clear and compelling strategy. It’s not something that’s nice to do when you have more time, it is essential to your survival.
Mike Goossen, CEO and Founder of Columns 4 Success discusses how to find your business and personal strategic focus
Contact us at (559) 681-6559 for a free, private and confidential strategic focus business consultation.
2017 Columns 4 Success