Hiring & Employee Development: Hiring the Right Person
The importance of hiring the right person is key to your business success. Hard numbers can show you exactly what the wrong hire can cost you.
The U.S. Department of Labor estimates that the average cost of a bad hiring decision can equal 30% of the individual’s first year potential earnings (U.S. Department of Labor, 2003).
If your average employee earns the U.S. median of $44,000, and you make just one hire a year that doesn’t work out, you added $13,200 to your annual labor costs.
What if there was a tool for your business – large or small – that could increase your chances of hiring the right employee, build your team, and help reduce the turnover rate at your company?
Columns 4 Success has partnered with 360Solutions to offer a range of valuable assessment and survey tools that can be used for:
- hiring the right employees
- gaining insight from workgroups
- and uncovering leadership development opportunities for individuals and organizations.
HR professionals can use these assessments and surveys to simplify their hiring and evaluation processes. Smaller businesses that don’t have an HR person on staff can use these hiring and assessment tools to vastly improve their chances of hiring the right person the first time.
Free lists of employee assessment questions don’t tell you where to go once you’ve got “answers.” Each time you run a 360 Solutions Candidate Profile you are creating accurate benchmarks so you can match new hires to your current, successful employees. You’ll see in seconds if the applicant you are looking at is a fit for the position and the department.
Over 25 years of research and development have gone into our employee assessment question, survey, and evaluation system to ensure that you have fast, accurate, cost-effective and EEOC-compliant results.
Try the Employee Assessment Tool for FREE
You can try out one of these tools, the P60 – an online employee assessment system – for yourself, for free, right now.
The 360 Solutions assessment tools include:
- CANDIDATE PROFILE – The flagship of our system is the candidate profile. The report provides 8 to 18 pages of the applicant’s character and talent traits along with what you may expect from the applicant. This is a vital tool to help you evaluate an individual’s weak and strong points. The report will help you make the right decisions as to where this person best fits in your company and where you will need to offer direction and training. Hiring the wrong candidate for the position helps neither you nor the candidate.
- Use the P60 Assessment to discover a candidate’s personality type and use it to benchmark against your successful employees. It’s a fun and simple assessment they’ll enjoy taking (try it for free yourself). Discover the true personality of your potential employee with the P60. Are they a born leader? A supporter? A networker? With a simple analysis you can discover if they are right for your company and are complementary to and a good fit for their job, their co-workers, and your organization.
Additional assessment tools include:
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT SURVEY – This survey uses group-based opinions to help you evaluate the overall engagement of your employees. Since an engaged workforce is important to a company’s long-term achievement, it is essential that every measure is taken to understand a staff’s level of engagement.
- CUSTOM APTITUDE – This is multiple-choice and can be customized for your company. You can apply up to 60 questions with a range of 5 possible answers.
- CUSTOM SURVEY – The Custom Survey is used to form opinions from a group-based standpoint. By using general questions you can create a survey for your designated groups and receive anonymous results and comments.
- I.Q. ASSESSMENT – The I.Q. Assessment will demonstrate how well an applicant can reason and resolve problems.
- SALES APTITUDE – The Sales Aptitude measures applicants in 11 different areas and provides insight into what type of salesperson they are. You will discover their level of sales ability and see where they need training.
- MATH & SPELLING – When you need to start with the basics, this program brings a well-rounded view of a candidate or employees problem-solving and literary performance.
- 360 FEEDBACK – Over the past decade, 360-degree feedback has revolutionized performance management. Employee feedback is essential for an organization’s success in training, evaluation and growth.
- MANAGEMENT APTITUDE – Measure leadership abilities as well as identifying areas for development.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT APTITUDE – Find the basic skill level of new project managers or assess existing project managers to find out if they’re ready for extra responsibility.
Every report is custom labeled with your company logo and contact information. Send all of your assessments and surveys securely from your account to employees, your HR department, or management. Send mass assessments of up to 100 applicants / employees at a single time and receive instant notification of completion via email.
No company is too large or too small to take advantage of these HR, hiring, and management tools.
2017 Columns 4 Success